17TH-TX-CAVALRY-L Archives

Archiver > 17TH-TX-CAVALRY > 2007-12 > 1196561938

From: "Chuck" <>
Subject: Re: [17TH-TX-CAVALRY] Complete Roster
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 18:18:58 -0800

Hello Alice,

I found the following troopers:
Co.A Davis, John L.
Co.B Davis, Samuel B.
Co.D Wade, William
Wade Woodson O.
Co.E Davis, Nathen
Davis Thomas L.* Still with unit at final surrender Greensboro, NC 4-26-1865
Co.F Davis, Thomas Jefferson
Loyd, Elijah W.

Sorry, couldn't find any others I seem to remember something about early
deaths in the unit from disease while still in Texas, maybe one of the
others that own their own copy of book can go through and find info on the
August 1862 date you provided. a couple of them have also offered to look up
roster info.

Chuck