11TH-TEXAS-CAVALRY-L Archives

Archiver > 11TH-TEXAS-CAVALRY > 2006-02 > 1140053798

From: "Marshall Crawford" <>
Subject: Thomas J. Cole
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 19:36:38 -0600

I am trying to determine if Thomas J. Cole, a private in Company I, 11th Texas Cavalry, is Thomas Jefferson Cole, born in Montgomery County, Ar about 1845. The muster records indicate that the Thomas J. Cole was 20 in 1861, which makes him about 3 years older than my relative, but lying about age was common, especially in that age group. His service closely parallels the family lore about Thomas Jefferson Cole's service (some service in Georgia and Carolina). The only other Thomas J. Cole that I have been able to find was in the 7th Cavalry, which didn't leave texas. Any info that anyone might have to prove/disprove this assumption would be appreciated.
Marshall Crawford

This thread: