11TH-TEXAS-BATTALION-L Archives

Archiver > 11TH-TEXAS-BATTALION > 2011-04 > 1302953522

From: Lizabeth Hancock <>
Subject: [11TH-TEXAS-BATTALION] J Linscum - John Linscomb
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 04:32:02 -0700 (PDT)

Hello, I checked the archives for messages and they seemed a bit sparse so I wanted to see if the list was still active with members still in touch. My grgr grandfather John Linscomb was in Spaight's battalion. His records are under "J Linscum". Found them on footnote.com. He was detailed to the gunboat Clifton on Sep 10 1863. He was in Company B. There are no other entries after that so I don't know his history. Seems I'm not the only one missing a bit of background on an ancestor. With this being the 150th anniversary of the Civil War, it's a good time to continue my history education with a little reading. Any website suggestions? I've exhausted Ancestry and footnote and findagrave. John had 3 other brothers in the war but in different battalions. They all came home and are accounted for.
Thanks
Lizabeth Linscomb Hancock

This thread: