11TH-TEXAS-BATTALION-L Archives

Archiver > 11TH-TEXAS-BATTALION > 2011-04 > 1302923954

From: dorothy newberry <>
Subject: Re: [11TH-TEXAS-BATTALION] Still active??
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 20:19:14 -0700 (PDT)

I couldn't tell if there was a question in your message, but my great grandfather,
James Edward Ferguson was in Speights Battalion and I believe my great uncle.
another James Ferguson (don't have his middle name) and can't seem to find him
after the war, so don't know if he died during the war or not.  However, know they
both joined up with Speights, they were from Sabine County Tx.
Regards,Dorothy Hays Newberry
Dorothy Hays Newberry Daughters of the Republic of Texas Researching: Ferguson, Chapman, Burns, Cundiff,Whitmore, Hasley,Call, Newberry