11TH-TEXAS-BATTALION-L Archives

Archiver > 11TH-TEXAS-BATTALION > 2007-07 > 1184296574-02

From: "John P Pate" <>
Subject: Re: [11TH-TEXAS-BATTALION] Spaight's Battalion Website
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 22:16:14 -0500

[mailto:] On Behalf Of Don Benton
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2007 7:16 PM

Hi,

My g-grandfather was T R Jackson, 1st Lt, Co A, Spaights Battalion. I have
some information about his service, but really don't know where he was
during most of the war. T R Jackson lived in Sabine Pass, but did not
participate in any action there that I can discern. I think he went to
Louisiana, but don't have any real information about battles, etc. I also
know he was in the hospital in Chapell Hill - don't know if he was wounded
or had yellow fever or what. I am looking for all the references about his
Civil War service that are available. I hope to gather enough info to write
a short biography of his life.

Don Benton